Maa homeowners want subdivision project stopped on safety issues

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/08 December) — Maa homeowners have asked the city mayor to look into the renewed development activities of a high-end subdivision developer in Maa and Shrine Hills area despite earlier warnings that the site is unsafe.

In a letter to Mayor Sara Duterte, Norma T. Javellana, president of Barangay Maa Federation of Homeowners Association, alerted authorities to the renewed ”earth moving” and development activities of Palm Grove West for its phases 1, 2 and 3 subdivision projects, despite earlier agreement that the developer stop these activities until after the conduct of a comprehensive independent study that will ensure that the area is geologically stable.

Davao City Councilor Pilar Braga, who also obtained a copy, had read the letter during the privileged hour of the regular city council session on Tuesday.

Javellana also requested for a cease and desist order against the Palm Grove West projects, which should be ”enforced until the results of the comprehensive study.”

She said the March 2010 hearing of the city council subcommittee on housing had asked the Positano and Palm Grove West, two ongoing development projects in the area, to stop their activities after a February 2010 investigation revealed that the projects sit in an area considered as environmentally critical, with steep slopes prone to flooding and landslides.

But although Positano had totally stopped the activities, Palm Grove West resumed their earth moving operations on November 6 to 16, Javellana said.

”On November 6 to 16, the DMC-UPDI (David Consunji Urban Property Development Inc., the subdivision developer) backhoe had been working in the area behind Trinidad Greenhills and Alberto-Gecale compound,” the letter said.

”Please have the Palm Grove West be investigated immediately and a consequent cease and desist order be issued and enforced,” Javellana urged the mayor in her letter.

The area where Palm Grove West plans to set up its project, aside from being prone to landslides and flooding, is also a ”mini watershed area,” Javellana pointed out.

Braga had endorsed the letter to the city council committee on housing and the city council committee on the environment which vowed to conduct a joint hearing about it.

The Mines and Geosciences Bureau has recently released its renewed warning to residents along the slopes of Shrine Hills, saying that the area where they live has been identified as unstable in the government agency’s geo-hazard survey. (Germelina Lacorte/MindaNews)

Maa homeowners want subdivision project stopped on safety issues

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/08 December) — Maa homeowners have asked the city mayor to look into the renewed development activities of a high-end subdivision developer in Maa and Shrine Hills area despite earlier warnings that the site is unsafe.


In a letter to Mayor Sara Duterte, Norma T. Javellana, president of Barangay Maa Federation of Homeowners Association, alerted authorities to the renewed ”earth moving” and development activities of Palm Grove West for its phases 1, 2 and 3 subdivision projects, despite earlier agreement that the developer stop these activities until after the conduct of a comprehensive independent study that will ensure that the area is geologically stable.


Davao City Councilor Pilar Braga, who also obtained a copy, had read the letter during the privileged hour of the regular city council session on Tuesday.


Javellana also requested for a cease and desist order against the Palm Grove West projects, which should be ”enforced until the results of the comprehensive study.”


She said the March 2010 hearing of the city council subcommittee on housing had asked the Positano and Palm Grove West, two ongoing development projects in the area, to stop their activities after a February 2010 investigation revealed that the projects sit in an area considered as environmentally critical, with steep slopes prone to flooding and landslides.


But although Positano had totally stopped the activities, Palm Grove West resumed their earth moving operations on November 6 to 16, Javellana said.


”On November 6 to 16, the DMC-UPDI (David Consunji Urban Property Development Inc., the subdivision developer) backhoe had been working in the area behind Trinidad Greenhills and Alberto-Gecale compound,” the letter said.


”Please have the Palm Grove West be investigated immediately and a consequent cease and desist order be issued and enforced,” Javellana urged the mayor in her letter.


The area where Palm Grove West plans to set up its project, aside from being prone to landslides and flooding, is also a ”mini watershed area,” Javellana pointed out.


Braga had endorsed the letter to the city council committee on housing and the city council committee on the environment which vowed to conduct a joint hearing about it.


The Mines and Geosciences Bureau has recently released its renewed warning to residents along the slopes of Shrine Hills, saying that the area where they live has been identified as unstable in the government agency’s geo-hazard survey. (Germelina Lacorte/MindaNews)

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Comments

comments