President Benigno Simeon Aquino III thanks Japan for its assistance to the Philippines, particularly in the Bangsamoro peace process, before participants of the Consolidation for Peace for Mindanao seminar on Tuesday afternoon, June 24 at the Sheraton Hiroshima Hotel. Japan hosted the first face to face encounter between the President and Moro Islamic Liberation Front chair Al Haj Murad Ebrahim (onstage, second from left). To Murad’s right is Dr. Kamarulzman Azkandar of the Universiti Sains Malaysia and to his left is Hiroshima Governor Hidehiko Yuzaki. MIndaNews photo by Carolyn O. Arguillas READ MORE
Loading... Please wait.
- NPA ‘harassment’ triggers evacuation in Sarangani
- Phivolcs to install 2 additional volcano monitoring stations in SouthCot
- Davao moves fish cages to safer waters
- Art Talk
- Agri coop, 8 farmers from Region 12 finalists in national Gawad Saka Search
- ‘Stress of the job': Davao police chief apologizes for outburst
- Davao’s city council still waiting for mayor’s proposed supplemental budget
- SouthCot gov’t wants DOH to manage new hospital
- Flooded School
- COMMENT: Believe Them or Not?