The Congregation of the Holy Spirit (also referred to as the Spiritans), which is helping a poor community in Pindugangan, Tipanoy, Iligan City with various agricultural endeavors and other sources of livelihood, is currently experimenting with honey bee farming. They sought the help of Cebu honey bee expert Roberto Flores, who has been in the business for 11 years, to bring the technology to Iligan. Still in its infancy stage, the apiary in the compound of the Spiritans’ formation house is just a little over a year old, but the first harvest recently has shown promise. Initially, the Spiritans tapped Iligan businessmen to help shoulder experimentation costs, with the hope that once the technology has been transferred locally, the poor farmers in the community can farm honey bees on their own. Photos: Bobby Timonera
Loading... Please wait.
- Barangay official killed in front of family
- Soldier, 2 NPAs killed in Surigao Norte clash
- ‘Dragon Slayer’ ‘Kaka’ Bag-ao punches hole to Ecleo dynasty
- Darlene Antonino-Custodio loses to Pacquiao’s bet
- Murad says victory of PNoy’s party is victory for the peace process; MILF to set up political party this year
- Still all in the family: 16 of 26 govs reelected; 12 provinces elect exec-legislative family teams
- Jalosjos brothers lose in Sibugay polls
- Piñol flips, files electoral protest in Cotabato
- SPECIAL REPORT: The ruling clans of Mindanao: same families in 50 years, 25 years
- Mangudadatu’s proclamation as reelected Maguindanao governor: shades of 2013 in 2010
- Australian Aid and ILO support sustainable livelihoods in Philippines’ worst typhoon-hit areas http://t.co/swZMcwlA8r 3 hours ago
- Australian Aid and ILO support sustainable livelihoods in Philippines’ worst typhoon-hit areas http://t.co/WThZxRfzjR 3 hours ago
- Phones Out http://t.co/ojBXvsET6c 12 hours ago
- DA Office on Fire http://t.co/zuCJtnYQBt 12 hours ago
- MILF Chief http://t.co/41hXaPaJCG 12 hours ago
If you have some news and PR materials you want to submit to us, please submit using this form.
All the fields are required.