Government troops and members of the Moro National Liberation Front reportedly loyal to Nur Misuari continue to battle it out in the standoff in Zamboanga City that started on Monday, Sept. 9, 2013. Authorities said the MNLF members were planning to hoist the group’s flag at the City Hall. MNLF spokesperson Emmanuel Fontanilla said their followers arrived in the city for a peace rally and dialogue. The conflict has displaced thousands of residents from at least six barangays of the city.
Loading... Please wait.
- ADVOCACY MindaNOW: On Lovers & Mistresses
- Fishing banned in Davao Gulf on spawning season
- UPLM condemns lawyer's killing
- LGUs urged to invest more in communication and public information
- NPA denies killing Laak mayor
- Greenpeace seeks ban on shark hunting in Surigao
- 103 families flee fighting in Surigao Norte
- Mindanao state universities and colleges to offer DRMM and climate change courses
- SOMEONE ELSE’S WINDOWS: A burning issue
- DENR-IX to reorganize regional task force on climate change