PRISAA 2011 reels off sans NCR delegation

ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/09 April) — The Private Schools Athletic Association (PRISAA) 2011 kicked off Saturday afternoon without the delegation from the National Capital Region, PRISAA’s reigning champion.

Aside from the NCR, the delegation from Western Visayas, last year’s second runner-up, will see action without the athletes from Negros Occidental.

Dr. Robert Milton Calo, PRISAA National Executive Director, said during the opening program that the NCR failed to organize a delegation for this year’s event while the athletes from the Negros Occidental skipped the event to dramatize its protest to the lack of reforms in the national PRISAA leadership.
With the NCR out of the competition, Elbert Atilano, PRISAA 2011 Project Director said this year’s PRISAA competition with be a “close fight” between Southern Mindanao, Central Visayas, Western Visayas and Eastern Visayas.

Atilano said only about 3,000 athletes instead of 4,593 athletes from all over the country will see action in this year’s PRISAA because of the absence of NCR and Negros Occidental athletes.

This year’s PRISAA will have a total of 18 athletic events including six new events: boxing, judo, softball women, dance sports, karate-do, and beach volleyball.

The athletic competition will end on April 14.
Athletes will be treated to a city tour and a visit to Sta. Cruz Island  before going home to their respective regions.

The PRISAA 2011 started with a grand parade by the 17 participating athletic delegations from Pettit Barracks to the Joaquin F. Enriquez, Jr. Memorial Sports Complex.

The annual competition starts Sunday.  (MindaNews)

URL: http://www.mindanews.com/sports/2011/04/10/prisaa-2011-reels-off-sans-ncr-delegation/


Instagram #OurMindanao

Related Posts