US Boxing Promoter Struggles Whether to Sue His Idol, Manny Pacquiao

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

MCALLEN, TEXAS ( MindaNews/5 November) -  Emotions are now running high as  the Pacquiao-Margarito world boxing title fight is barely one week away, yet a boxing promoter in south Texas is in a struggle on what to do with his seven-division world title holder idol.

Is he going to bring him to court for breach of contract and common-law fraud, among others, for the boxing champ’s failure to honor a commitment to grace events related to Mexico’s independence bicentennial last September 17-19 here in McAllen City?

The latest action Ed mundo Lozano of Imperial ED Promotions did so far was sent Pacquiao a demand letter. In it he asked Pacquiao to pay him at least $1 million as refund for the promotional expenses he already incurred in promoting the September event.

Also included in the amount is a refund of the $100,000 advance payment he made shortly after the contract was signed last July 28, 2010. Pacquiao’s coming over to McAllen was covered by a $200,000 contract entered into between him and the Imperial Ed Promotions.

Pacquiao was supposed to be the honored guest in several bicentennial activities, one of which was an appearance at a hispanic title boxing match. City mayors of Hidalgo and McAllen were also set to give the Pinoy boxer keys to their respective cities.

Two weeks before the scheduled event here, Michael Koncz, the Pacman’s US-based adviser, flew to Mcallen to personally explain the Filipino boxer cannot come. He said it was due to complications of Pacquiao’s schedule, especially now that he has been elected as Sarangani congressman.

He, however, promised during a press conference later Pacquiao would definitely honor his commitment after the November 13 fight in Dallas. He did not mention any date, but assured he will work with the promoter to push thru with the McAllen event.

A week later, instead of providing a new date, Koncz, however, offered to return the $100,000.

The promoter refused the offer and continued to negotiate for a date in his desire to push thru with the event.

With only a few weeks before fight night, Lozano and his associates were forced to send the demand letter. The demand letter gave Pacquiao until November 1 to respond. He did not.

Sources at the Imperial ED Promotion says Lozano is now agonizing whether to go to court or not because of his great respect and high regard for the Filipino boxer.

He even refused to be interviewed. Not yet anyway. (Merpu Roa/ Mindanews)

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

thirteen − four =