Posts Under compostela valley Tag
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/25 Dec) — Kagawad Boy Polinar, his wife and I were surveying what used to be three blocks of houses in Purok 4, Barangay Poblacion, New Bataan in… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/21 December) —The scale of the damage wrought by typhoon Pablo early this month has brought agriculture in the Davao Region to a “tipping point” that it should… »
NEW BATAAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/20 December) – “Noon, kami ang palaging tinutulungan. Kami naman ngayon ang tutulong” (We were always given assistance before. Now it’s our turn to help). Officials… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 19 Dec) – Small banana farmers in the Davao Region suffered a “double whammy” of devastation brought by typhoon “Pablo” and the financial crisis in rehabilitating… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 19 Dec) – The Department of Education (DepEd) in Region 11 is appealing to the public to donate tents “as many as possible” to be used… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/16 December) — Students in elementary and high school whose classrooms were destroyed by Typhoon Pablo on December 4 will be holding classes in tents, soon, the Department… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/16 December) – Doctors and nurses assigned in the typhoon-hit towns in Davao Oriental can spend Christmas home with their families as Muslim doctors and nurses from Maguindanao… »
NEW BATAAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/ 9 December) — “Maayo pa ang gyera sini kay makalikay pa, pero ining bagyo waay gid kami paadtuan (War is better because we can hide,… »
Hundreds of New Bataan villagers still looking for missing kin feared buried in minefield, elsewhere
NEW BATAAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/8 December)– Carrying a food pack she just received from a government agency, Perlita Capinig reported to the local disaster desk that her 25-year old son… »
COMPOSTELA VALLEY, Compostela Valley Province (MindaNews/06 December) – Hundreds of residents displaced or rendered homeless by Typhoon Pablo have pitched makeshift tents on portions of the Compostela-Cateel highway, awaiting assistance,… »
MALAYBALAY CITY (MindaNews/22 March) – Small-scale miners operating in Pantukan, Compostela Valley today said they will not give up the area to large-scale mining interests. In a statement issued at… »
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/10 January) – Convinced that chances of survival six days after the tragedy are slim, the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC) of Pantukan in Compostela… »
PANTUKAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/08 January) – Mayor Celso Sarenas defended his decision allowing people from other places to work in the gold rush sites, saying they were in dire need… »
PANTUKAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/27 Apr) – The Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Council (MRRDC) on Wednesday said 60 of 112 houses have been voluntarily demolished by miners while the rest are still being razed down by the demolition team and local residents.
PANTUKAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/27 Apr) – Five days after a landslide struck a gold mining site, 48-year-old Lolita Jostol believes that her son is still alive and may have hidden inside the tunnel after her other son survived the tragedy.
MALAYBALAY CITY (MindaNews/27 Apr) – Former Bukidnon congressman Neric Acosta, who has been reported to be the next environment secretary, said the landslide in Pantukan, Compostela Valley is an eye-opener… »
PANTUKAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/27 April) – Relatives and rescuers recovered on Tuesday five more bodies at the landslide site in Barangay Kingking here even if the local government has ordered… »
PANTUKAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/25 April) – For many miners, dying in a disaster like a landslide is better than dying from hunger even if dozens of their colleagues had been buried alive in different gold mining sites. Even the miners at the landslide area in Barangay Kingking here admitted that several tunnels had collapsed in the past but most of them went unreported. Two years ago, 27 miners were killed when a chunk of a mountain in Sitio Magapispis, Barangay Boringot of this town fell into three bunkhouses.
DAVAOCITY (MindaNews/25 April) — The site in Sitio Panganason, Barangay Kingking in Pantukan, Compostela Valley where a landslide occurred Friday has been closed to human occupancy after the local government ordered Sunday the forced relocation within 48 hours of some 30 families living in the area.
PANTUKAN, Compostella Valley (MindaNews/24 April) — At least 30 families living near the landslide site in the small-scale gold mining area in Barangay Kingking have been given 48 hours starting Monday to relocate, as initial assessment shows another landslide could happen anytime, Local Governments Secretary Jessie Robredo told a press conference here Sunday afternoon.
LANDSLIDE SITE, Pantukan, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/24 April) – Two more bodies were found but not yet retrieved from the landslide site in Sitio Panganason, Barangay Kingking, bringing the death toll to three as of 5 a.m. Sunday. The official count of the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC) is 3 dead, 13 rescued and 19 still missing, Major Jake Obligado, chief of the Civil-Military Operations of the 10th Infantry Division, said.