Construction of bunkhouses in New Bataan begins January 3

NEW BATAAN, Compostela Valley (MindaNews/01 January) – Construction of bunk houses for the temporary refuge of  72 families displaced by super typhoon Pablo will begin January 3 and should be ready for occupancy within a month,

Rogelio Sinajon of the Provincial Engineer’s Office, who was supervising a group of workers clearing and preparing the construction site on December 30 said another 150 rooms would also be constructed in another area courtesy of the  provincial government of Pampanga

The 72 rooms which will be constructed on a lot of the Department of Agriculture will be spread across nine buildings with a concrete base and fiber board walling.

Nine buildings will be constructed with eight rooms each, he said.

Each room measures four by five meters.

According to the white board at the Incident Command Center , displaced residents are presently staying in five evacuation centers in the poblacion: at the Grandstand, municipal gym, tribal building, NB gallery and Hall of Justice.

Evacuees from Barangay Andap, the hardest hit area, are presently staying at the Andap National High School. But schools will resume classes by January 3.

At least 50 tents from the Irish Aid and Swiss Red Cross had been set up on the grounds of the national high school fronting the DA lot but the tents were unoccupied as of December 30.   (Carolyn O. Arguillas/MindaNews)

URL: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2013/01/02/construction-of-bunkhouses-in-new-bataan-begins-january-3/

Related Posts