Bounty for Kabacan vice mayor’s killers now P600,000

KIDAPAWAN CITY (MindaNews/ 21 January)– The bounty to arrest the killers of Vice Mayor Pol Dulay of Kabacan, North Cotabato is now P600,000.

North Cotabato Gov. Emmylou Mendoza said during the Provincial Peace and Order Council meeting on Saturday that the provincial government is offering another P200,000 on top of the P200,000 that the Kabacan government, as announced by Mayor George Tan, earlier offered as reward.

The Sangguniang Bayan, out of its own budget, last week also approved a P200,000 reward for those who killed its presiding officer.

Supt. Leo Ajero, Kabacan police chief, said the reward money will hopefully encourage people to come out and help authorities track down and arrest those behind the slaying of Dulay.

Ajero said the Task Force Dulay, composed of the regional National Bureau of Investigation and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, had already talked to a number of witnesses.

“In due time, they will [hopefully] unmask the killers of the vice mayor. The task force is doing everything to help bring justice to the killing of Vice Mayor Dulay,” said Ajero.

On Saturday, Dulay was buried at the Saint Jude Memorial Park in Poblacion, Kabacan, attended by his family members, LGU officials and workers, and thousands of supporters.

A retired policeman, the slain vice-mayor was honored with a 21-gun salute.

Dulay served as chief community relations officer of the Kabacan police in the late 1980s.

After retiring from police service in the 1990s, he joined politics and had served for three terms as councilor.

He then ran for vice mayor and was on his second term until his death.

Dulay was seeking a third term under the Liberal Party. (Malu Cadelina Manar/MindaNews)

URL: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2013/01/21/bounty-for-kabacan-vice-mayors-killers-now-p600000/


Instagram #OurMindanao

Related Posts