Home » Top Stories » CDO police swamped by calls re bombing suspect

CDO police swamped by calls re bombing suspect

by: July 31, 2013 7:32 pm Category: Top Stories A+ / A-

CAGAYAN DE ORO (MindaNews / 31 July) – Police hotlines here are overwhelmed with phone calls from well-meaning residents trying to help authorities catch the suspect who planted the bomb that killed eight persons and injured 48 others at the Limketkai Rosario Arcade Friday last week.

Supt. Michael John Deloso, of the Cagayan de Oro police, said phone calls from concerned citizens came as far away as Iligan City after TV stations and newspapers printed the computerized facial composites of the bombing suspect.

“Many are even downloading the pictures from the Internet and have these posted in their establishments. The call from Iligan City reported that the suspect was eating in their sari-sari store,” Deloso said.

As tips about the whereabouts of the suspect continue to ring the police, leaders of civil society groups met with doctors and medical representatives at Southwinds Hotel in Cagayan de Oro to plan a big indignation rally on Friday.

Presided by Dr. Ruth Beltran of the Misamis Oriental Medical Society, the group decided to hold a mass at the blast site before marching to the Freedom Kiosk in Divisoria.

Monsignor Elmer Abacahin, of the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro, said many of those who will be participating will wear black armbands as sign of mourning for the victims of the Limketkai bombing.

“We mourn for those who died because many of them came because they thought they are safe here. For that we offer our deepest apology,” Abacahin said.

The doctors and medical representatives, including the civil society groups, were given an update by Deloso on the ongoing investigation.

Deloso, who was designated as spokesperson of the investigation group, said they have found a CCTV camera that had captured an image of the suspect as he walked away after he planted the explosive at Kyla’s Bistro.

“We have finally a good image of what the suspect looks like because of that video capture,” he said.

Earlier, police presented three composite drawings of the suspect, resulting to some confusion as people thought there were three suspects.

Deloso said they are preparing to file a case of multiple murder, frustrated murder and physical injuries as soon as they can identify the suspect.

CDO police swamped by calls re bombing suspect Reviewed by on . CAGAYAN DE ORO (MindaNews / 31 July) – Police hotlines here are overwhelmed with phone calls from well-meaning residents trying to help authorities catch the su CAGAYAN DE ORO (MindaNews / 31 July) – Police hotlines here are overwhelmed with phone calls from well-meaning residents trying to help authorities catch the su Rating: