NHA rushes completion of houses for Zambo ‘bakwits’  

ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/03 August) – The National Housing Authority (NHA) has committed to complete the construction of 45 duplex loftable units by the end of this month at Martha Drive, Barangay Sta. Catalina, this city.

The housing units are for the members of the Martha Homeowners Association Incorporated (MHOAI) in Barangay Sta. Catalina, one of the affected barangays in the three week standoff between government and the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) under founding chair Nur Misuari in September last year.

Hundres of MNLF guerrillas loyal to Misuari laid siege on some barangays here leading to a three-week standoff that left hundreds dead and at least 120,000 displaced.

NHA District Manager Al-kwarizimi Indanan said 90 “bakwit” families can already transfer to the 45 duplex units by the end of August.

“That is not the target but that is our commitment,” Indanan added.

President Benigno Aquino, III announced in his State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 28 that some of the families displaced by the siege can start moving into their permanent shelters this month.

“Pagpasok nga po ng Agosto, magsisimula nang lumipat ang mga apektadong pamilya sa mga permanenteng bahay sa Martha Drive Subdivision,” Aquino said, adding his administration is targeting a total of 7,176 houses for completion by June next year.

According to the June 30 Situational Report 12 released by City Hall on the Zamboanga Recovery & Rehabilitation Efforts, of the six housing projects submitted for bidding last May, four are ongoing: Paniran Homeowners’ Association, Inc. in Sta. Catalina where 11 units are already on the ground with foundation; Christian-Muslim Homeowners Association area in Kasanyangan where clearing and demolition of structures started June 25; Martha Homeowner’s Association, Inc. (Sta. Catalina) where site preparation and preliminary construction of 47 duplex-loftable units have started and the Islamic Village. Housing units at the Tulungatung area and St.Peter’s Compound will soon start.

The beneficiaries of the MHOAI project are temporarily staying at present in shanties outside the Martha subdivision and are eagerly waiting for the completion of their housing units by the NHA.

The project started last May and will be completed this month.

The MHOAI project will cost a total of P9.195 million with the project duration of 100 calendar days based on the project plan.

The funding for the project is part of the P2.56 billion downloaded to the NHA by the national government last December. (MindaNews)

URL: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/08/03/nha-rushes-completion-of-houses-for-zambo-bakwits/

Related Posts

  • http://www.facebook.com/OneMNLF Rltr. John R. Petalcorin

    Repeatedly, please be informed that MNLF officially denies participation in that infamous chaos in Zamboanga City of September 2013. Please be informed that MNLF Cmdr Habier Malik, MNLF Leader Nur Misuari, and all members of the Genuine MNLF are not participants in that chaos in Zamboanga City of September 2013. This denial is based on the result of MNLF’s internal affairs field investigation. That chaos was just a False Flag Operation by the Armed Forces of the Philippines (a revenge of Gen. Emanuel T. Bautista whose father then Gen. Teodulfo Bautista died under the weapon of the MNLF in 1977) to smear dirt on the face of MNLF and a cover-up to the extra-judicial forced eviction by the Local Government of Zamboanga City led by Mayor Ma. Isabelle “Bheng” Climaco-Salazar (under the supervision of DILG Sec. Mar Roxas) against the poor marginalized Badjao minorities.

    The alleged rogue MNLF commanders Assamin Hussin and Bas Arki who allegedly started the trouble are not in the membership record of the MNLF. The alleged leader of the alleged rogue MNLF in the middle of the chaos Cmdr Habier Malik was not in the vicinity all throughout the chaos. The PMAer who died in the middle of the chaos was wearing MNLF uniform on the time of his death. Army officer assigned in 53th Engineering Battalion based in headquarter of Philippine Army (PA) was caught red-handed in manufacturing counterfeit MNLF uniforms in Jetson Tailoring Zamboanga City. The assassination of Zamboanga City Judge Reynerio Estacio Sr on 28 Feb 2013 is related to the cover-up of this False Flag Operation of the military who has Martial-Law-type full control over Zamboanga City at that time.

    Our field investigation result shows no genuine MNLF was hurt, injured, killed, or arrested in that inhumane government operation. The MNLF condemns the inhumane uprooting incident.