Davao fire razes 57 houses

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 2 Apr) – Almost a year after a huge fire razed 8.8 hectares in the same area along Quezon Blvd., another fire hit Wednesday, burning down 57 houses and injuring two people.

According to the City Information Office, the fire began 6:51 p.m. at the back of Luz Kinilaw.

City Social Services and Development Office assistant head Liwayway Caligdong said in a text message that the fire affected 64 house owners, 37 renters and 75 boarders. The CSSDO added that 57 houses were totally damaged while another seven houses were partially burned.

Two residents were treated by Central 911 for minor injuries.

Mayor Rodrigo R. Duterte, in a press conference Wednesday, night said the residents could return to their area, “as is, where is,” provided they comply with the proper permits.

April 4 last year a huge fire affecting barangay 23C near the vicinity of Wednesday’s fire temporarily evicted at least 3,500 families.

  • Gerry Stein

    ayaw na pabalika ng mga squatters diha…mao nang dili mag world class and davao city kay imbis naay bay walk…squatter walk ang baybayon…baho pa ug naa pa ang mga drug dens diha…

    • Mercury Helium

      dd2 na dapat i-relocate sa TugboK or MIntaL ..Maayo pa didto kay actchup! :D