DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/17 August) – Sixty-eight thousand households in Region 11 have been removed from the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) during the first half of this year, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) regional office on Monday said.
Speaking in Kapehan sa Dabaw at SM City, DSWD 11 director Priscilla Razon said these households have been removed for failure to meet the conditions set by the agency or because they were not qualified at all.
Among the conditions is attendance of parents in health seminars and family development sessions.
Parents should also send their children to school.
Razon admitted that some households were listed by social workers as beneficiaries even if they were not qualified.
“There are some who are not supposed to be included in the list because they are not really poor,” she said.
There are also cases where beneficiaries had been delisted for having a bad reputation in the communities.
DSWD 11 has so far recorded a total of 227,957 households as 4Ps beneficiaries.
The number is expected to increase after the completion of DSWD’s Listahanan Household Assessment. Of the 793,770 households surveyed, Razon said 80 percent has already been encoded.
She urged politicians not to take credit for 4P nor use it to amass votes for the upcoming 2016 elections.
“We continue to engage with the beneficiaries. All our programs are non-political,” she said.
Beneficiaries of 4Ps receive P1,400 financial aid monthly, P500 for the daily expenses and P900 for the education of three children with ages up to 14 years old.
The program seeks to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger, achieve universal primary education, promote gender equality, reduce child mortality, and improve maternal health.
The 4Ps started during the Arroyo administration. (Antonio L. Colina IV/MindaNews)