Sara Duterte-Carpio not running for mayor

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/16 October) – Former city mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio is not running for mayor contrary to expectations that spread on social media after she posted on Instagram photos of an accomplished certificate of candidacy on Friday, the last day of the filing of COCs for next year’s elections.

At around 1 pm Friday, Duterte-Carpio posted the photos with the caption “Digong, ghulat ko sa imoha (Digong,I’m waiting for you). To all my fellow Filipinos, you will make President, otherwise lagot kayo lahat sa akin. Tandaan niyo ang araw na ito. Wala kami pera, wala kami makinarya. #justDUit #Duterte2016 Honor they father and mother.”

Digong is the nickname of her father, Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, whom supporters have urged to run for president.

The posts fueled speculations that the elder Duterte would yield to calls for him to seek the presidency, and his daughter would replace him as mayor.

At the Commission on Elections office in Davao City on Friday, a crowd of supporters erupted into cheers when a few minutes before 5 pm, someone announced that Duterte-Carpio had arrived.

However, no Duterte-Carpio or any of her representatives showed up despite her posts that were shared on social media.

Duterte-Carpio served as vice mayor from 2007 to 2010 and mayor from 2010 to 2013. His father had urged her to run for mayor saying he wanted to retire from politics.

Last October 9, Duterte said if his daughter would refuse to run for mayor, he would seek reelection to keep his political base intact.

Duterte-Carpio posted on Wednesday photos of her with her head getting shaved in support to calls for her father to run for president. Other city officials such as Councilors Al Ryan Alejandre and Danilo Dayanghirang and Public Safety and Security Command Center chief Frank Villaroman did the same.

Several supporters also had their heads shaved while some barbershops and salons in the city offered skinhead services for free as a show of support to the Duterte patriarch.

Duterte will have served a total of 40 years in government by 2016. He served as government prosecutor for 10 years before he was named OIC Vice Mayor in 1986, was mayor from 1988 to 1998, representative of the first district from 1998 to 2001, mayor again from 2001 to 2010, and vice mayor from 2010 to 2013.

He was elected mayor for the seventh time in 2013 with son Paolo as vice mayor.

Comelec 11 assistant regional director Marlon Casquejo said the voters have only few choices for district representatives and city councilors.

“Ilaha na lang gipa-ubaya sa mga incumbent nga naay kakayahan nga modagan (They’re leaving it up to the incumbents who have the capability to run),” he said.

He added the next step will be the submission of the list of candidates to the Comelec’s law department which will verify the COCs and release by December 10 the official list of candidates.

Son Paolo runs for VM

Lawyer Alexis Lumbatan, chief of staff of Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, filed on his behalf his COC for reelection at the Comelec-11 office at 9:46 a.m. on Friday.

The vice mayor filed his COC a day after his father told Davao reporters that he has not decided yet who his running mate will be.

The mayor’s declaration came a few hours after his executive assistant Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go and city administrator Jesus Melchor Quitain, who is also secretary-general of Hugpong submitted his COC on Thursday.

The younger Duterte is running unopposed. A former barangay chair of Catalunan Grande, he was elected as president of Association of Barangay Captains Davao City from 2010 to 2013, and elected as vice mayor in 2013.

His wife January succeeded him as barangay chair of Catalunan Grande in 2013. She is also the incumbent president of ABC Davao.

Last month, the vice mayor resigned as member of Hugpong saying his efforts were unappreciated by the leadership of the local political party that was founded by his father.

Last October 9, Mayor Duterte said he was more interested on running for reelection rather than for the presidency.

Meanwhile, in the congressional race, 1st district Rep. Karlo Alexei Nograles is running unopposed.

In the 2nd district, Christopher Abierra will run against incumbent Rep. Mylene Garcia, while in the 3rd district, Councilor Karlo Bello will challenge Alberto Ungab, brother of incumbent Rep. Isidro Ungab.

For mayor, Duterte will be running against Alfredo Tocante and Teodoro Mantilla.

Running for councilors of the first district are Paul Alain Paragoso, Nilo Jr. Abellera, Joanne Bonguyan, Bonifacio Militar, Leah Librado, Pilar Braga, Edgar Ibuyan Jr. Jessie Mar Culaste,
Jesus Melchor Quitain Jr., Jackson Velos Reyes, Reynaldo Dignos, Maria Belen S. Acosta, Leonardo Avila III, and John Christopher Mahamud, and Joseph Orilla.

For the second district, the candidates for councilors are Danilo Dayanghirang, Diosdado Mahipus, Al Ryan Alejandre, April Marie Dayap, Richlyn Justol, Marissa Salvador-Abella, Mario Masanguid, Dante Apostol, Janel Banzon, Ernie Alterado, Jimmy Dureza, Larry Maranan, and Maria Cherry Ann Bonguyan.

For third district, the candidates are Antoinette Principe, Mary Joselle Dilig-Villafuerte, Danilo Villafuerte, Jesus Joseph Zozobrado III, Avegayle Dalodo-Ortiz, Napoleon Rocero, Luzviminda Ilagan, Victorio Advincula Jr., Rene Elias Lopez, Dennis Rota Ampon, Bernard Al-ag, and Rogelio Montajes, Conrado Baluran, and Kenneth Jade Jumawid. (Antonio L. Colina IV/MindaNews)

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

LEAVE A REPLY

19 − 2 =