Still no lead on slay attempt vs radio journalist

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

SURIGAO CITY (MindaNews / 03 July)  —  The provincial police here said they are  still conducting a through probe on Thursday’s attack that injured a radio anchor, his 12-year old son in the hospital, and a neighbor.

“It’s still under investigation,” Supt. James Mejia told MindaNews on Saturday evening via text message.

Saturnino “Jan” Estanio, 41, anchor of DXRS-RMN Surigao suffered three gunshot wounds on his back during the gun attack by riding-in tandem assailants at around 5 p.m. Thursday outside his house in Sitio Bioborjan, Barangay Rizal in Surigao City.

Estanio’s 12-year-old son was hit by a bullet in the chest.

Both have been declared in stable condition by physicians at the Surigao Medical Center

Gay Tiu, station manager of DXRS-RMN Surigao said no suspect has been arrested.

Tiu said the outspoken Estanio has been waging a campaign against illegal gambling, illegal drugs and criminality in his radio program.

Prior to the attack, Tiu said Estanio had been receiving threats against a big-time illegal game slot machines in the city.

She said the attack, which happened hours after the new President, Rodrigo Roa Duterte took his oath, is part of the culture of impunity in the locality and is an attack against the press that serves as the watchdog of society.

Duterte won the Presidency on the strength of his campaign against criminality and illegal drugs. He promised results within “three to six months.” Local media organizations in Surigao condemned the attack against Estanio .

Estanio’s neighbor, Allan Tinambakan Canibel, 52, was also hit on his right shoulder, Tinambakan was just passing by when the gunmen fired at Estanio. He is now recuperating at the Caraga Regional Hospital. (Roel N. Catoto / MindaNews)

 

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

four × 3 =