Heavy and constant rains fell over the weekend of January 19 and 20 causing some parts of the Davao River to overflow. Some villages near the river’s path were inundated forcing residents to evacuate to higher grounds. Smaller communities – such as the informal settlers of Awhag Riverside — also got flooded but largely remain unreported in mainstream media. As of January 23 around 43,000 individuals have fled their homes and are now crowding various relief centers. Produced by BJ Patiño
Loading... Please wait.
- An afternoon of poetry at the 1st Mindanao Book Festival
- ‘Language of peace’ focus of national language summit in Bukidnon
- Coffee Play
- Gunmen kill Isabela City auditor
- COMMENT: Amendments: Can They Backfire?
- Girl dies in Koronadal fire
- WORM’S EYEVIEW: Object lessons
- A SOJOURNER'S VIEW: The precious gift of reading a book
- Davao to farm out garbage collection to private sector
- For A Departed Friend