The landslide occurred along Km. 1617 in Sinuda-Tawas section at around 10:30 p.m. July 16.
“We have to close at least 25 meters of the road affected by the landslide and clear it of rocks and mud before opening it to the public. So far, we have sent our men with the corresponding equipment and we hope the road will be made passable, as soon as possible,” the PIA quoted DPWH regional director Sinaolan Macarambon, as saying.
Engr. Trinidad Saligumba, chief of the DPWH Maintenance Division in the region said that immediately after the closure, commuters plying the Bukidnon-Davao Road had to cross over to the other side to take another bus or other means of transport to their destination.
The PIA, however, reported that the DPWH managed to open one lane of the road as of 4 p.m. Monday. “This is due to some private contractors who extended their help by lending us some of their equipment and their men,” she said.
“We will be doing our best to improve and bring the situation back to normal without having to wait for three days,” she said. (MindaNews)