Brigade chief orders probe on alleged involvement of 3 soldiers in teen’s rape

Major Nonoy Zuniega said Pabustan has ordered 40th Infantry Battalion commander Col. John Oswald Bucu to conduct an investigation on three of his soldiers who had been pinpointed  by a 15-year old bar worker as having raped her.

Reports reaching DXND Radio said the suspects met the girl in a bar in Carmen, North Cotabato, where she worked until recently.

Sources from Carmen said the suspects invited the girl to have dinner with them at around 8 pm on Wednesday. Instead of bringing her to the nearest restaurant, however, the soldiers reportedly brought her to a vacant lot where they raped her.

The North Cotabato provincial social welfare and development (PSWD) office, however,  has not received any information on the alleged gang rape in Carmen.

But PSWD chief Zaida Jubilan-Rensulat assured she would coordinate with the municipal social welfare office of  Carmen town to give immediate assistance to the victim. (Williamor A. Magbanua/MindaNews)

 

Comments

comments