Rinsulat personally received the victims and facilitated their return home upon arrival at the Polloc Port on board the M/V Princess from Zamboanga City at 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Rinsulat said that of the 15 victims, 13 were Moro residents of Barangay Pantar, Banisilan town while the two others were settlers from Barangay Laoili in Aleosan Cotabato.
The girls were intercepted by the Coast Guard in Zamboanga Port along with other victims from Maguindanao province last week.
“The Coast Guard held these girls for questioning and later found out that all of their documents including their passports, were fake,” Rinsulat said.
Rinsulat said that during the interrogation the girls admitted to DSWD-9 officer Geraldine Balbuena that an illegal recruiter from Metro Manila recruited them, promising them jobs upon arrival in Malaysia and Singapore.
“Most of them were promised by the illegal recruiter to work as domestic helpers and factory workers in these places,” Rinsulat said.
She, however, could not ascertain if the girls had paid the placement fees to the illegal recruiter.