US warship in CDO has been “going around” since January
Protesters to US warship in CDO: “out now” but city gov’t welcomes visit
Peace group denounces US’ “militarization” of Mindanao
“We want peace not war”
Rep. Ilagan calls for abrogation of “lopsided” pacts with US
Soldiers delay Balikatan protesters en route to Pikit; Brigade chief says “misconstrued”
More protests, citizens’ watch greet Day 1 of RP-US Balikatan
ARMM Gov: US troops welcome “but we want respect”
DAVAO CITY ((MindaNews/12 Feb) -- Governor Datu Zaldy Uy Ampatuan of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) welcomes and is grateful to the United States government for its “persistent conduct of humanitarian services” especially in the region’s “poor and remote areas” but maintains it is “fair and right” that the Balikatan 2008 be discussed with their constituents first “before its conduct.”
“We want respect,” he stressed, adding the US government “should first conduct consultation with the stakeholders from the area.”
US Embassy: “no military exercises or war games in Mindanao or Sulu”
Groups call for US forces to leave Mindanao
Chanting these phrases, militant groups under the US Troops Out Now coalition vowed to expose the evils of the upcoming joint RP-US military exercises dubbed Balikatan in the Lanao provinces set to start Feb. 18. They have lined up almost daily activities here and in the neighboring cities of Marawi and Cagayan de Oro.
Maranaos protest RP-US Balikatan
Resolve complaints vs US troops in Mindanao, gov’t asked
US troops in Mindanao medical missions: Rx, see your doctor
UPPER BULANAN, Midsayap, North Cotabato (MindaNews/20 October) – In what is said to be a preparation for a joint RP-US military exercise within this region next year, three teams from the US military, Philippine military and Municipal Health Office conducted a “medical civic action program” (medcap) in 15 villages here Thursday until Friday noon, allotting two hours each per village.
But what can two hours achieve except tell patients to go see their doctor
US soldiers leaving Sarangani
GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/10 October) -- The team of American soldiers ordered disarmed by a Philippine Army brigade commander last month after showing off their service firearms inside a posh restaurant here is reportedly leaving for a new assignment in Mindanao.
Bayan Muna slams US military meddling