CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews/19 May) – Charges will be filed against the suspects in the daylight robbery last week on the Osmeña Branch of Banco de Oro here, Cogon police station commander Senior Insp. Buenaventura Reyes said on Tuesday.
Local police have identified the alleged robbers through CCTV footage as belonging to the dreaded Kuratong Baleleng crime syndicate.
“The perpetrators belong to the Madarang group of the Kuratong Baleleng that is why they were so efficient in pulling off the heist,” City Police Director Gerardo Rosales said in an early morning radio interview Wednesday.
“We have an agreement with the BDO management that they will be the ones to get the affidavits of their personnel including the security guards on duty but we will be filing the case at the city prosecutor once we get hold of the affidavits of complaint,” explained Reyes.
Reyes added that because of the daring daylight robbery they have boosted police presence in the Cogon area, a business district.
“We have deployed additional personnel in the Cogon area,” he said.
He added the suspects are still at large.
BDO-Osmeña Branch, located at Ramon Chavez corner Osmeña Streets, was robbed by at least 12 suspects noon of Thursday last week.
After less than two minutes inside the bank, the suspects fled towards different directions aboard 6 racing motorcycles.
A witness said one of the suspects who carried a black duffel bag had a distinguishable scar on the left cheek. He described the suspects as stocky, tall and “extremely organized.” (Cong B. Corrales/MindaNews)