DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/22 February) – Eight Mindanawons are among 27 examinees who made it to the Top 10 of the Nursing Board Exam held in December 2010.
Two of the Mindanawon topnochers are from Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City, two from Davao City; and one each from Tagum City, Butuan City, and Midsayap town in North Cotabato.
Vanessa Garma Elumbaring of St. Mary’s College in Tagum City landed fourth along with Kimberly Medina Malubago of Southern Luzon State University-Lucban, with a grade of 86.40%. The topnotcher, Weanne Myrrh Razon Estrada of Adventist University of the Philippines in Silang, Cavite, scored 88.40%.
Xavier University ranked second among the Top 10 Performing Schools in the December 2010 Nurse Licensure Examination, according to Resolution 2010-547 of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
Only 29,711 out of 84,287 examinees passed the Nurse Licensure Examination given by the Board of Nursing in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Dagupan, Davao, Ilocos Sur, Iloilo, La Union, Legazpi, Lucena, Nueva Ecija, Pagadian, Pampanga, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga.
The eight Mindanawon topnotchers:
– 4th place: Vanessa Garma Elumbaring, 86.40%. St. Mary’s College, Tagum City (tied with a passer from Luzon)
– 5th place: Jessa Lorraine Dejan Andalan, 86.20%. Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City
– 7th place: Nonah Vee Cornelio Sareno, Davao Doctors’ College, Inc. and Elnathan Samson Subardiaga or Universidad De Zamboanga, 85.80% (tied with three others)
– 8th place: Bernadette Lumibao Guevarra, Cotabato Medical Foundation College in Midayap, North Cotabato and Criselle Lyn Guerrero Li Father Saturnino Urios University in Butuan City, 85.60% (tied with three others)
– 10th place: Micaela Orevillo De Guzman, Xavier University and Rose Angela Reyes Mahipus, Davao Medical School Foundation, 85.20% (tied with four others)
Two Mindanao schools landed in the Top 10 Performing Schools: Xavier University placed second with 325 out of 330 students (98.48%) passing and San Pedro College placed tenth with 408 out of 455 examinees (89.67%) passing.
The topnotchers according to the results released by the PRC:
1. Weanne Myrrh Razon Estrada, Adventist University Of The Philippines: 88.40%
2. Mary Grace Bermudez Rallo, Central Luzon Doctor’s Hospital Educational Institution: 86.80%
3. Maria Kristina Pamintuan Bicas, Saint Louis University: 86.60%
4. Vanessa Garma Elumbaring, Saint Mary’s College-Tagum: 86.40%
Kimberly Medina Malubago Southern Luzon State University-Lucban (SLPC): 86.40%
5. Jessa Lorraine Dejan Andalan, Xavier University: 86.20%
6. Yugie Caroline Murillo Demegillo, Iloilo Doctors’ College: 86.00%
7. Hanako Sasaki Aranilla, First Asia Institute Of Technology & Humanities: 85.80%
Teena Marie Junio Pascua Saint Mary’s University: 85.80%
Nonah Vee Cornelio Sareno Davao Doctors College, Inc.: 85.80%
Elnathan Samson Subardiaga Universidad De Zamboanga (For.Zaec) 85.80%
Karl Marie Sta Ana Tuvilla University Of Negros Occidental-Recoletos 85.80%
8. Karl Gabriel Alferi Bonifacio, Colegio De San Agustin-Bacolod City: 85.60%
Dennis Gonzales Duran Pamantasan Ng Lungsod Ng Maynila: 85.60%
Bernadette Lumibao Guevarra Cotabato Medical Foundation College: 85.60%
Criselle Lyn Guerrero Li Father Saturnino Urios University (Urios Coll): 85.60%
Vincent Jubelag Sumergido West Visayas State University-La Paz: 85.60%
9. Jacquiline Jane Banzuela De Jesus, Arellano University-Pasig: 85.40%
Rizyl Jem Franco Japitana, Colegio De San Agustin-Bacolod City: 85.40%
Christine Jannie Paez Rivera, Pamantasan Ng Lungsod Ng Maynila: 85.40%
Nicole Anne Albaladejo Sales Diaz, Colegio De San Agustin-Bacolod City: 85.40%
10. Jaime Dela Roca Bonifacio Jr., Adventist University Of The Philippines: 85.20%
Micaela Orevillo De Guzman, Xavier University: 85.20%
Rose Angela Reyes Mahipus, Davao Medical School Foundation: 85.20%
Irene Kate Faustino Nicolas, Pamantasan Ng Lungsod Ng Marikina: 85.20%
Cesar Ryan Espera Ortiz, Aquinas University: 85.20%
Roby Ann Gutierrez Prado, Colegio De Dagupan (For.Computronix Coll): 85.20%
The members of the Board of Nursing are Carmencita M. Abaquin, Chairman; Leonila A. Faire, Betty F. Merritt, Perla G. Po, Marco Antonio C. Sto.Tomas, Yolanda C. Arugay and Amelia B. Rosales , Members.
Passers in the December 2010 nursing board exam are required to register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals.
The PRC is reminding those who will register to submit the following:
- Duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
- Current Community Tax Certificate (cedula)
- 2 pieces passport size picture (colored with white background and complete name tag)
- 1 piece 1” x 1” picture (colored with white background and complete name tag)
- 2 sets of metered documentary stamps
- 1 short brown envelope with name and profession
Passers have to pay P1,050 for the initial registration fee of P600 and annual registration fee of P450 for 2011-2014.
The oathtaking ceremony of the successful examinees in Manila and those who have not taken their Oath of Professional will be held on March 14 and 15 with morning (8:00 a.m) and afternoon (1:00 p.m) sessions at the SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City.
The new nurses should be in their “white gala uniform, nurse’s cap, white duty shoes, without earrings, hair not touching the collar and without corsage.”
Regional oathtaking schedules, to be held in March and April after the Manila oathtaking rites, will be posted in the Board of Nursing website, http://www.bonphilippines.org/ and at www.PinoyRN.co.nr.
In Mindanao, the regional oathtaking ceremonies will be held in the cities of Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga, Pagadian, Butuan and General Santos, the Board of Nursing announced. (MindaNews)