CDO police flip-flops on presscon on shooting of broadcaster

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews/30 Nov) – Journalists and media workers here were dismayed Tuesday afternoon after being told that the supposed press conference on the filing of a case on the shooting of DXIF Bombo Radyo chief of reporters Michael James “Dacoycoy” Licuanan was postponed to Thursday.

Early noon of Tuesday, the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo) called a press conference at 2:30 p.m. of the same day at their Maharlika Headquarters in Barangay Carmen here.

The press conference was supposed to be on the filing of a criminal case against the suspects of the slay-try of Licuanan Thursday last week.

By 3 p.m., reporters who gathered waiting by Maharlika’s flag pole were told the press conference was postponed because the prosecution team organized under Task Force Dacoycoy has to review the documents “to be sure that they have a solid case against the suspects.”

Cagayan de Oro Press Club past president Ed Montalvan said that Senior Supt. Gerardo Rosales, city police director, told him they will file the case on Thursday morning.

Rosales, however, did not announce the postponement of the press conference and filing of the case to the reporters himself. (Cong B. Corrales / MindaNews)

Comments

comments