Charges filed vs suspect in Bukidnon bus bombing

MALAYBALAY CITY (MindaNews/13 November) – Police have filed charges against a suspect in the bombing of a passenger bus last week in Maramag town in Bukidnon.

Four passengers were injured when an improvised explosive device went off inside bus number 204 of Rural Transit in Mindanao Inc. on Nov. 6 in Barangay Dologon, Maramag.

In an interview on dxDB-Malaybalay Thursday, Inspector Jiselle Longakit, spokesperson of the Bukidnon Provincial Police Office identified the suspect as Dawting Dindang.

Longakit said Dindang is an active member of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters.

She said a description by a witness fitted Dindang’s facial features.

She added police have posted the suspect’s photos in public places, although the warrant for his arrest was yet to be issued.

Longakit said the explosive was fashioned out of a 60mm mortar rocket with a cellular phone as triggering device.

She said police have assigned marshals to buses plying the route from Maramg to Damulog, the southernmost town of Bukidnon bordering Carmen town in North Cotabato.

The ill-fated bus had come from Tacurong City bound for Cagayan de Oro City. (MindaNews)

Comments

comments