Businesswoman abducted in Jolo

ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/16 February) – A 58-year-old Filipino-Chinese businesswoman was seized Sunday by six unidentified gunmen in Jolo, Sulu, a military official said.

Capt. Ma. Rowena Muyuela, Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) information officer, identified the victim as Hadja Dingkim Yap.

Muyuela said the gunmen seized Yap around 12:30 p.m. Sunday just outside her residence in Barangay Chinese Pier, Jolo.

She said the gunmen forced Yap to board a waiting blue Tamaraw FX without a plate number and sped to an unknown direction.

She said military and police forces launched a joint follow-up operation to locate the victim.

She added an investigation was underway to establish the identities of the kidnappers.

Meanwhile, a local radio station reported that the victim had just disembarked from a tricycle and was about to enter the compound of her residence when accosted by the gunmen.

The victim’s husband, who opened the gate of their compound, tried to come to her rescue but one of the gunmen poked a gun at him.

The radio report added that the suspects had already called Yap’s family and demanded ransom in exchange for her release. (MindaNews)

Comments

comments