DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 14 June) – A Mindanawon from Iligan City topped the June 2018 Environmental Planner Licensure Examination, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced on Wednesday.
Architect Amillah Sescon Rodil, 38, a graduate of the University of the Philippines, topped the exam among 1,891 who passed the board, with 83.05 % rating.
Only 39 % (1,891) of the 4,729 who took the exam passed. Among the top 10, seven are from UP Diliman.
Rodil said she was surprised to find out she topped the exam.
“I found out from friends who also took the exam. I found the exam tough because the EnP exam has a very wide coveage and there were many questions on details I couldn’t remember,” she told MindaNews.
Rodil graduated Valedictorian in Elementary at the La Salle Academy in Iligan City and Salutatorian in high school at the Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT) Integrated Development School.
She took up Architecture in UP Diliman as an Oblation scholar (granted to the Top 50 incoming freshmen who topped the UP College Admissions Test) and graduated Cum Laude. She finished her MA in Urban Planning also from the same state university.
Rodil worked in rehabilitation efforts for Iligan after typhon Sendong, Tacloban and Guiwan after Yolanda with UN Habitat and CORD-AID.
Her first teachers are her parents – Mindanao historian Rudy Buhay Rodil and Saturnina “Bebot” Sescon, who teaches Literature at the MSU-IIT. Both are active in Mindanao peacebuilding.
The Top Ten:
1. Amillah Sescon Rodil, University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman, 83.05 %
2. Alvin Fabellore Veron, UP Diliman, 82.00 %
3. Rio Compra Yonson, UP Diliman, 81.55 %
4. Ace de Guzman Ligsay, UP DIliman, 81.40 %
5. Cornelio Besties Guantero, Jr., Southwestern University, 81.35 %
6. Maja Cielo Henson Jose, UP Diliman, 81.25 %
7. Gemeniano Beluan Crisante, Jr., 81.15 %
8. Weslene Irish Uy, UP Diliman, 80.95 %
9. Jonathan John Garcia Maldupana, Saint Louis University, 80.90 %
10. Theresa Guigayoma Cajarte, UP Los Banos, 80.80 %
Franz Luigi Hermocilla Lugena, Bicol University, 80.80 %
The Environmental Planner Licensure Examination was held in Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Tacloban and Zamboanga earlier this month.
The members of the Board of Environmental Planning who gave the licensure examination are Josefina M. Ramos, chair, and members Lirio T. Abuyuan and Dolores A. Endriga.
The date and venue for the oathtaking ceremony of the new environmental planners will be announced later, the PRC said. (MindaNews)