DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 4 Apr) – Police forces in this city are on heightened alert status following the explosion in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat last Wednesday that left 18 individuals injured, according to Capt. Maria Teresita Gaspan, Davao City Police Office (DCPO) spokesperson.
Speaking during iSpeak Forum on Thursday, Gaspan said Col. Alexander Tagum, DCPO director, had already directed all station commanders to intensify security measures within their areas of jurisdiction, and strengthen the intelligence gathering to thwart any possible threats against Davao City, the hometown of former mayor and now President Rodrigo R. Duterte.
The deployment of police personnel to public places has already been increased, Gaspan said.
“At this point in time, we have intensified the conduct of our anti-criminality operations, mobilized patrol operations, and increased the visibility and presence of the police in all convergence places in the city,” she said.
She added that police forces would continue their regular operations like the Oplan Kalinaw in different barangays here to monitor the new residents there and, possibly, arrest criminals hiding in a community.
Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) head Benito de Leon said that the Isulan blast was a “cause for alarm for security forces but not for the citizens inside Davao City.”
He assured the Dabawenyos that the city remains safe and that the security forces are seriously looking into any information coming from the intelligence community to quell similar attacks against the city. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)