DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/28 June) – Three soldiers were killed and nine others were wounded in an explosion at the headquarters of the 1st Brigade Combat Team in Tanjung, Indanan, Sulu at 12 noon on Friday, the Western Mindanao Command said in a statement.
“Ground troops continue to establish the circumstances and identify the perpetrators behind this inhumane attack,” Major General Cirilito Sobejana, Wesmincom chief, said.
“We will intensify our offensives to crush terrorist groups that hamper the stability and development in Sulu, ensuring that all actions are in accordance with the law,” Sobejana said.
Troops of the Joint Task Force Sulu had been placed on alert, and combat clearing operations and investigations were being conducted in Sulu after the incident, the statement said.
It added the responding troops gave immediate medical attention to the wounded soldiers. (MindaNews)