DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 14 Aug) – Eight houses were totally destroyed while three others took partial damages after a fire caused by unattended cooking hit Zones 2 and 3 of San Antonio in Barangay Buhangin here around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to a report released by the Police Regional Office-Davao, the fire emanated from the residence of 50-year-old balut vendor Pablita Morales, who left her butane stove unattended while cooking balut.
The fire quickly spread to surrounding houses made of light materials. The fire was controlled at 3:30 p.m.
In a report by Super Radyo Davao, the damage to properties from the fire was estimated at P210,000.
No one was report injured from the incident, according to the police. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)